Tuesday, August 28, 2018

!Girl Power Playlist!


Hi everyone! I thought I’d do something fun this week… so I decided to make a girl power playlist! I’m an HUGE music person. All kinds of tunes-- anything from the Beatles to P!nk. I’m also a huge Girl Power enthusiast! I love when people empower women so we can live in a world where men and women are looked at as equal. I wanted to have some fun and be creative and empowering so I mixed two of my favorite things and made a girl power playlist! 

I’ve chosen three of my favorite songs from this playlist to talk about and tell you why they are so powerful to me. Here we go! Choosing just three songs to write about was so hard, but I chose these because I feel like they each tell a different story. 

The first song I chose is called I’d Rather Be Me from the broadway musical Mean Girls. Everytime I hear this song I get so pumped up! I’d Rather Be Me is about not caring what people think and just being your complete self. It is about not being sucked into toxic relationships and standing up for yourself. This song is so catchy and has such a good message for everyone! 

Number two is Anne Braden by the Flobots. This songs tells the story of a white woman who dedicated part of her life to standing up for African American's lives in the 1950’s. She is a strong, kind, and brave woman. Someone that everyone should aim to be. This song is empowering and definitely one of my favorites. 

Last but not least is Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara. It’s a powerful song about self love and inner beauty. This song teaches us to love ourselves just the way we are. It shows us that we are all beautiful and bring wonderful things to this world. 

Sometimes us girls need a little encouragement or just some fun, empowering songs to run to. All these songs are wonderful and so awesome! Go checkout the rest of the songs in the link below…Hope you enjoy!

*You will need to be logged in to Spotify to view this:

No comments:

Post a Comment