Friday, January 25, 2019

5 Quick Fixes to Get Your Productivity Back


I really struggle with not getting distracted and having a productive day. If I get bored or I’m taking a break from school, I usually go straight for my phone. There is absolutely nothing wrong with texting your friends or going on Instagram. But sometimes, instead of scrolling for no reason, we should use our energy to do some creative and productive things. Here are 5 ideas to achieve a creative and productive day! 

1. Meditation. 
When I first started doing meditations, I thought they were going to waste my time and be useless, but I actually fell in love with them! I usually try and start my day with one. They help me see how I’m feeling that day. Meditating gives me a chance to relax and be alone with my thoughts. 

2. Journaling. 
I love journaling. It’s a relaxing thing you can do to just write down some feelings or reflect on your day. Plus, you will always have it, and you can look back and see how much has changed since you last wrote! It helps me with my anxiety and it’s a super creative habit. 

3. Music.
A lot of times we can just be scrolling through Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook for no reason (believe me--I’m guilty of it.) Instead of scrolling, put your favorite artist, band, or musical on. Play your music and do something productive. Whether it’s writing on your calendar, homework, decorating your room, or baking. 

4. Reading. 
Reading is such a great way to be creative and productive. Pick up a book- it can literally be anything. Reading is proven to help your memory and reduce the risk of some diseases (like Alztimers)! It also increases your vocabulary and enhances your imagination. 

5. Goals.
Set some goals! Make a list of goals for the day, week, month, or year. Then plan on how to accomplish them. Setting goals and having the determination to accomplish them really builds character and makes you feel productive and accomplished. 

Being creative and productive are two important and awesome qualities. What strategies work best for you? Here’s to all the creative and productive things we can accomplish today!

No comments:

Post a Comment